Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dryer Vent Pumpkin

This is a Pinterest idea that worked out stupendously! (I'm liking the word stupendous lately. I blame the frequent viewing of Tangled, where Flynn/Eugene says that having super powers in his hand would be stupendous.) This is just a dryer vent, hot glue, spray paint, some cinnamon sticks, raffia, Spanish moss, and leaves from silk flowers. I had most of these things in my craft supplies so I didn't have to buy much (just the paint & cinnamon sticks). Oh and a little foam to build up the center a bit (already had that, too).

I hot glued the dryer vent into the appropriate shape and spray painted it orange. When it dried, I added all the stuff in the center. That was it! I didn't permanently put the stuff in the middle (I didn't want to fight hot glue if I decided to rearrange things), but I'll probably go back and do that soon. I like it!

The inspiration for this pumpkin came from the blog A Diamond in the Stuff .

I'm really pleased with how this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment