Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No Time to Post

So it's been a while since I last posted. That's not because I'm being lazy ... it's because I decided to make 99% of my Christmas gifts this year. Still not sure why I thought that was a good idea since Christmas spirit comes and goes for me. Unfortunately, burn out is starting to settle in, but, on the plus side, I'm almost finished with everything I planned to make.

So if you're someone who is usually on my Christmas gift list, DON'T LOOK ANY FURTHER!!!! YOU MIGHT SEE YOUR GIFT!!!


You've been warned!

Here are some of the things I've made:

Pillows!!! 


You can never have enough pillows when you're laying around watching football (or whatever you like to watch on TV). Some of these pillows are variations on Rae Gun Ramblings' envelope pillow . Others are fleece sewn into a general pillow shape and stuffed with poly-fil. Some of the pillows have piping on them. This was a first for me and it went pretty well.


The Elf is helping me take pictures
 
This is my favorite pillow. I kind of want to keep it for myself.







Toys!!!

Some of the kids I buy for are getting pillows and others are getting toys (some are getting both). The monster was inspired by several Pinterest posts, but was ultimately my own creation. The owls are a combination of patterns ( Olly The Owl and So Tei-Tei: Stuffed Owl Tutorial ). The whale is from small dreamfactory . The dogs are from Miyako Kanamori's book Sock and Glove: Creating Charming Softy Friends from Cast-Off Socks and Gloves .

Yes, I know I should be using safety eyes instead of buttons, but it's hard to position the safety eyes before stuffing the toy.


Fleece hats!!!!

These are sooo cute and even easier to make. The hat pattern is courtesy of Fleece Fun . There are lots of cute patterns and hat variations. These are the most basic. The snowflake is cut from iron-on printable fabric.


I love the little top knots!


Sweater!!!

This is a loom knit baby sweater (12-18 months). The pattern is from Isela Phelps at Loom Knitting . I hope it fits the child it's intended for! It wasn't hard to make, just slightly time consuming. I like quick crafts because my attention span is kind of short. But, it is really cool that you can make sweaters on round knitting looms.

 
The sweater is too big for the elf, but maybe I could make her a smaller one.


Spa Kit!!!

The wash cloth and soap sack below are from  Anne Bipes' Learn New Stitches on Circle Looms . It's made using a seed stitch, which I LOVE! These are a little hard to see. Maybe I should have used a darker backdrop for the photos. I'm not sure how useful the washcloth and soap sack will be, but they're awfully cute!

Seed stitch is awesome!

The washcloth doubles as an elf blanket.

The soap sack could be an elf purse.

So that's all for right now. I have some other things that I'll photo later plus a few things I haven't finished yet. It's been a busy few months making gifts, but hopefully it will be worth it and people will like what I made for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment