After SEVERAL failed attempts (and one semi-failed attempt), I finally got the bunny smores in a jar thing to work out. You definitely need a wide mouth jar and you need to actually crush a sleeve of graham crackers instead of using pre-crushed graham cracker crumbs. The pre-crushed crumbs just didn't work out for me ... I guess I used too much. Anyway, this is cute and I really hope it tastes good. The idea/instructions for this one came from Organized Christmas. Visit the site... there are LOTS of cool ideas there. There's a different version of this idea at The Culinary Life. It's a little less messy. (And, The Culinary Life credits Creative Holiday Gift Ideas for the idea.)
The one on the left is my "successful" attempt. The bunnies on the right look like they've been rolling in the dirt.
I love Peeps!
Here are the instructions for making the smores...
- Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
- Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife.
- Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pat into a greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. (Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option - leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.