Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Fabric Softener

A while back I found a recipe for homemade fabric softener on Pinterest. It is my intention to actually make the things that I pin/repin, so here it is:


Granted, it's not much to look at, but it does seem to work. It has some problems keeping all the static out of wool socks, but my regular, name-brand fabric softener sometimes has that same problem. This is the third batch I've made. I went through the first batch fairly quickly and gave the second batch to my mom. She must like it because she asked about the recipe the other day so she could make more. Anyway ... here's the recipe that I used (it's from the blog One Good Thing by Jillee )

Ingredients
6 cups water
3 cups white vinegar
2 cups hair conditioner of your choice (I use the cheapest, best smelling conditioner I can   find)

Directions
1. Mix water, vinegar, and hair conditioner in a 1 gallon container; stir. Do not shake it; it will cause foaming.
2. Use the same amount you normally use in a rinse cycle or spritz it on a wash cloth and throw in dryer. 

Because this recipe makes a gallon of fabric softener, I cut it in half so the jug is a little easier to handle.

It's quick! It's easy! No reason not to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment