Monday, May 21, 2012

I Wish There Really Were Flowers That Grew Money...

Making these money flower arrangements is fun! I like the process of walking around my local craft store, looking at my options, and creating something (hopefully) beautiful in my head. What's even better is when I realize I have things at home that would go nicely in the arrangement -- less buying is always good! I tend to walk around in circles when I'm buying materials for a new creation. The people with me probably think I'm crazy .. the store staff probably think I'm crazy ... but that's the only way I can work. I'm constantly building and revising in my head based on the available items and totally block out any irrelevant surroundings. It's a rare, relaxing feeling after multi-tasking most of the day!

Enough self-indulgent babble ... you're here for the pictures!

This arrangement was made for a young lady my husband works with. She is graduating high school this Friday (school colors are black & gold). All the employees chipped in a few dollars and I put together the arrangement. This is my first requested craft (well, requested by someone other than my mom). I REALLY hope they like it.


Front View

Right side


Back



Left side

 

Close up of a money flower



The bow


So I know the bow isn't really all that in the big scheme of things, but as someone who is extremely bow-impaired, I'm very proud of it.


If you're interested, here's my first money flower arrangement. Instructions for the flowers are courtesy of Homemade Gifts Made Easy.

And a big THANK YOU to Michelle who gave me a background to use for my photographs. The improvement over the white towel or my stove top really goes without saying. Now the photographer just needs to improve....


















No comments:

Post a Comment