Thursday, April 18, 2013

Crafting FAIL!

Not everything turns out like I want it to. In fact, a lot of my stuff doesn't turn out like I want it to ... but you never know that because I don't share many of my failures. Today, though, I feel like sharing my most recent failure (aren't you excited?).

I wanted to make salt dough pendants. I found them on Pinterest and thought they were cute. The e Pin took me to Lady with the Red Rocker , and here are her salt dough pendants. Cute, right?



So off I ran to make my own. Here's what I ended up with:



Not exactly the same. Maybe I needed to roll my dough thinner? Maybe I needed silver spray paint? Maybe I should have read her directions more thoroughly? I liked doing this so it will get another try. Maybe the next batch will turn out more attractive.


The little hearts may be saved. They could be a small garland or gift tag attachments or something.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my failure because I know it's easy to get discouraged when you make things that don't turn out just right -- especially after looking at Pinterest where EVERYTHING seems so easy and beautiful.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment