Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flavored Water -- Pinterest Inspired Idea

I saw this pin the other day and thought it looked interesting. I'm always trying to drink more water and a little variety helps keep me away from the Diet Pepsi! 

The idea is quite simple... take whatever fruits and herbs you have on hand, put them in a jar with some ice water and let it sit for a while (or overnight). The resulting flavor is mild and refreshing. Last night, I made cranberry mint and cranberry rosemary flavored water.


The cranberries were frozen when I put them in. I'll probably mash them just a little with a pestle to release more flavor before I drink the water. 

The other day, I made the combination above as well as blueberries with rosemary and mint. All four were good. 

So if you're looking to spice up your water a little, give it a try! Here's the website -- The Yummy Life -- that was pinned. I can't wait to try the citrus combinations and the watermelon!

No comments:

Post a Comment