Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm Sewing.... And I Can't Stop!

So here's the thing about me .... I seriously have crafting ADHD. I get hooked on something and get materials for LOTS of projects. Then, I dabble in some new craft, find I like it, and abandon what I was working on for the new craft. That's why there's a 1/2 completed knitting project on top of my printer, a half completed bracelet in front of the computer, and fabric all over the house.

Right now, I'm sewing. I seem to be sewing almost exclusively bags of one sort or another. They have turned out fairly nicely, and my mom has requested that one be made specifically for her. But I can feel the itch of a new craft coming on .... I don't know what it will be yet, but it's coming. 

For the sake of my cluttered house, I'm going to make a valiant attempt to FINISH all the crafts that are laying around in various stages of completion BEFORE I take up a new craft. Ha! We'll see if that actually happens.

Here are the bags I've been making...

Cute! Maybe functional?

The patterns for all the bags are courtesy of allpeoplequilt.com. The bag on the left is Project: Grab Bags, the one in the middle is a larger version of Project: Small Treat Bag, and the one on the right is another large version of the Small Treat Bag. I attempted to make it a flat bottomed bag like the pattern calls for, but it didn't quite work out. (I made the small treat totes a few days ago.) You have to be a member to access the patterns, but membership is easy. I guess I'll use these as gift bags? My mom wants a bigger version of the bag on the left ... not sure what she's going to use it for.

Making drawstrings is really fun!

The general pattern for these drawstring bags came from Pink Penguin . A while back, I bought a bag of old fabric and crafting supplies at a yard sale. There was lots of cool stuff in the bag. The previous owner was a quilter (among other things). She had a hundred or more fabric squares cut, many of them were sewn together in rows .... by hand. That's the fabric I used for these bags. (The flowered fabric above also came from that same yard sale find.) I think they turned out pretty cute. The smaller one became a gift bag. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the larger one yet.

I'm trying to get organized so I can use all my crafting energy for good. I'd like to make all the rest of this year's birthday gifts and most of the Christmas gifts. The plan is coming together in my head ... I just hope I can pull it off.

Oh, and I don't do tutorials because I feel like such a novice at all of this, but if you ever have questions, feel free to leave them as a comment (or email me).


No comments:

Post a Comment