Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Sewing ... I'm Really Sewing!

This is going to be a super quick update. My poor daughter is feeling neglected (and probably a little hungry). Hopefully she can wait a few more minutes for me to tell you that I'M USING MY SEWING MACHINE! I'm so excited!!!!

I've made more pillow coverings that turned out fairly acceptable, but what I wanted to talk about today is the little treat bags I made. They turned out SOOOOO CUTE!!! Now I've got to figure out what to do with them.

Aren't they ADORABLE?

Hard to see, but the insides of the bags match the bottom stripe on the outside.

I played around with the length of the handles. I think I like the long handles better.

Okay .... so the pattern came from allpeoplequilt.com (Project: Small Treat Totes) and the finished bags are approximately 4x4x2 (you were supposed to make the bottoms flat, but I couldn't figure out the instructions for that). You have to be a member of the site to see the pattern, but it's just a matter of setting up a user ID and password. There seems to be quite a few tempting patterns available there and I only looked at simple bags.

That's all for now! I may need to find a Crafters ADHD support group soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment